At Nyack Hospital, we believe that caring is central to the practice of nursing. We also believe that the act of caring goes beyond providing for a patient’s physical health and comfort to encompass a range of additional factors. Out of this belief emerged our Philosophy of Care—10 core principles that define how Nyack Hospital nurses interact with their patients. Our Philosophy of Care states that our nurses:
- Deliver both patient-centered and patient-driven care.
- Have a unique relationship with their patients as providers of care.
- Work with patients’ spouses, families, and loved ones to ensure their patients receive the best possible care.
- Help their patients manage the physical and emotional responses to their health and illness.
- Consider the life experiences of their patients.
- Value their patients’ cultural and spiritual beliefs.
- Protect their patients from injury and harm.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of their patients.
- Support the optimal functioning of their patients.
- Ensure continuity of care across healthcare settings.
If you are a Registered Nurse or recent nursing school graduate who puts caring first, then we may have a place for you on our team. For more information about career opportunities at Nyack Hospital, visit our Current Opportunities page, or contact the Human Resources Department at 845-348-2155.