Welcome to the Community Health Education Department at Nyack Hospital.
- Diabetes Education – Our Diabetes Self-Management Training program is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators Diabetes Educators Accredited Program (AADE DEAP). For those who want to learn how to manage their diabetes – we teach everything you need to know, including nutrition. Click here for more information.
- Lose To Win – Weight loss programs held throughout Rockland County facilitated by Nyack Hospital’s trained instructors. Click here for more information.
- Flu Shots – Our nurses administer flu shots at senior citizen centers and other organizations in Rockland County. Click here for more information. Please check back for the 2011schedule for a list of dates and sites where Nyack Hospital will be administering flu shots this year.
- Health Fairs – Our nurses educate the public on a variety of health and safety issues at local health fairs. For children we provide SafeKids materials. Contact us at least one month in advance to set up your event.
- Speakers Bureau – Our community health educators deliver lectures throughout Rockland County on topics such as diabetes, stroke awareness, hypertension, heart health and nutrition. Contact us at least one month in advance to set up a lecture.
- Keep an Eye on the Nyack Hospital Calendar for our annual Diabetes Symposium in November and our Stroke Awareness event in May. These free community events held at Nyack Hospital feature medical staff and other experts delivering lectures.
Contact Nyack Hospital’s Community Health Education Department by phone at 845.348.2004 or email us at email@example.com.