| Monthly Health Tips |
- In a hurry…set up your blender the night before with skim milk, frozen strawberries and banana. Leave in the refrigerator overnight. Blend in the morning and you are ready to go.
- Spread almond butter on toasted whole wheat bread or whole grain english muffin. Top with banana or apple slices.
- Stuff a whole-wheat pita with a sliced, hard-cooked egg and low-fat shredded cheese.
- Pour a cup of whole-grain cereal, top with blueberries, sliced peaches or any favorite fruit. Pour on fat-free or 1% milk.
- Make a packet of plain oatmeal with water or fat-free milk for added calcium. Top with a tablespoon of dried fruit and a tablespoon of chopped walnuts.
- Top a lowfat whole grain waffle with fruit and lowfat yogurt.
- Layer low-fat yogurt with your favorite crunchy cereal and a handful of berries.