| Monthly Health Tips |
- Shift the plate. Use meats as an accent, not the main event. Make a stir-fry and use lots of vegetables.
- Pack in the beans. A pound of beef is much more expensive that a pound of beans. Try rice and beans as a main entrée.
- Purchase items on sale in bulk. If the food has a short shelf life, freeze the extras.
- Chopping your own vegetables or grating your own cheese can save you money.
- Buy foods that are in season. Remember fruits and vegetables are a great source of nutrition.
- Always shop with a food list. Not only does it save money but it helps you stick to your list and eat healthier