| Monthly Health Tips |
These strategies have been shown to promote a healthy weight for kids and adults:
- Help children develop a positive body image.
- Involve the family in fun physical activities.
- Be a positive role model for healthy eating and exercise habits.
- Make family mealtimes a special time together.
- Serve a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables every day.
- Save fast food for a treat and avoid anything super-sized.
A healthy weight for kids is about healthy behaviors, such as enjoying a variety of nutrient-rich foods and a variety of activities for strength, flexibility and aerobic capacity.
- Set limits on screen entertainment like television and video games.
When children are young, parents and other caregivers are responsible for creating an environment that helps them maintain a healthy weight.