MAKE HALF OF YOUR PLATE FRUITS & VEGETABLES
- Eat red, orange, and dark-green vegetables, such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and broccoli, in main and side dishes.
- Eat fruit, vegetables and unsalted nuts as snacks.
SWITCH TO SKIM OR 1% MILK
- Try calcium fortified soy products as an alternative to dairy foods.
MAKE AT LEAST HALF YOUR GRAINS WHOLE
- Choose 100% whole-grain cereals, breads, crackers, rice, and pasta.
- Check the ingredient list on food packages to find whole-grain foods.
VARY YOUR PROTEIN FOOD CHOICES
- Keep meat and poultry portions small and lean.
- Eat beans which are a great source of fiber and protein.