Nyack Hospital opened its doors for patients on January 1, 1900 with nine beds. The original brick building consisted of a basement, two floors and an attic. Now in its second century of service, it has evolved into a modern 375 bed, acute care medical/surgical facility. Having grown with the community through many expansions, Nyack Hospital has more than 650 physicians on staff, many of whom are board certified in more than one specialty. The hospital provides compassionate, community-based healthcare services to the residents of Rockland County and its neighboring communities.